Monday, September 14, 2015

Last Email Home - See You Soon Mom!

I want to tell you stories of this week but time is running short...3 John 1:13-14 "I had many things to write, but I will not with ink and pen write unto thee: But I trust I shall shortly see thee, and we shall speak face to face. Peace be to thee. Our friends salute thee. Greet the friends by name.";) My mission... the grandest, hardest, most wonderful thing I've ever been blessed to do is coming to an end. I can't believe it. Its bitter sweet. To think that 18 months ago I was packing up my suitcases to leave and saying goodbye. The hardest part of it all was hugging my mom and thinking I wouldn't see her for a long time. On the cement curb of the MTC, feeling out of place next to a kid in a suit with a tag and me with my converse sneakers and bright blonde hair (yes I wore converse as my dress shoes haha). The hardest thing I've ever had to do was say Goodbye to my mom and walk away. Kicking my feet one in front of the other, I had no clue what my mission would do. As the song says, It is the hardest thing I've ever come to love. Over these 18 months, lives have changed, but I feel mine has changed the most. I came out on the mission thinking that I was going to change the world, having no clue how the mission would change my world, change me. I can feel in my soul that I did my best and the Lord is pleased with me. I don't have this thought of like, "I should've done this or should've done that." I gave it my all. I know it and He knows it. I know with all my heart and soul that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true. I don't want this to end but I know He has a plan. Seeing hearts be touched and changed, I know He was with me each and every day. He loves us and I've felt him put his arms around me. In the moments that seemed hard, I now look back with a thankful heart. He knows me better than I know myself. I wish I could put into words how I feel but words can't describe how beautiful this is to me. Testifying of what I know to be true... and watching hearts change as the spirit told their hearts my words were true. I've got worn out shoes & skirts, water damage in my scriptures, but most of all I have His name pinned to my chest. I don't want to give back my name tag. It has His Name next to mine. If I could tell everyone to go on a mission, I would. Because of my mission I've come closer to Christ than I ever have been before. When my name tag isn't on anymore, His name will still be written on my heart. It is going to be hard leaving this place I've come to love. Flash back to, "You've been called to FREAKING Twin Falls Idaho" haha Man, do I love this freaking place! Haha :D I had no clue what I was in for. Heavenly Father knows best and now I don't want to leave but I can't wait to get on that plane and come home to my Mom. I can't wait to show you Mom who I've come to be. I'm going to hug you and not let go. Families are forever because of His plan and oh how grateful I am to know that! I can't wait to see my family, I'm gonna squeeze ya tight ashleta piketa! <3
I wish I had more to say but I leave you my testimony. This is the Church of Jesus Christ. He lives. He watches over us. This work is true. Joseph Smith is a true prophet. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. Jesus Christ's Atonement is real and eternal. He can heal the broken heart, I know this because He healed mine. He suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane for me and you. With every drop of blood that was shed, remember it was shed for you. There is no greater happiness than knowing this. I will live my life for him. I am His missionary and will always be His friend. In the name of Jesus Christ amen. <3

See you soon <3
Sister Coats


No comments:

Post a Comment