Monday, May 19, 2014

Happy Mothers Day!!

This week was pretty fun. On Monday Bishop Dowdle and his wife taught us how to make potstickers and fried rice... wow... I ate so many I lost count! It was soo good and I got the recipe for Sister Dowdles special lemonade. :) Something funny that happened this week, an old lady thought I was Lindsey Lohan... my 1st thought was, "Why would Lindsey Lohan be in Burley?" But Hey! It was pretty cool that someone thought I was a celebrity haha In district meeting this week... I was asked to lead the music and I've never done that before... I'm glad I only had to do it in front of my district because I had no idea what I was doing. I was just waving my hand... Elder Garrish was laughing so hard it looked like he was going to cry. That was the 1st and last time I am ever leading the music. Haha :) 
Don Edding's baptism is this weekend! I'm so excited for him!! He is so sweet and he is going above and beyond. He has been reading and praying everyday and his wife and him are praying together now too, it is so awesome!! At our last lesson he said the closing prayer. That is the 1st time he has said the prayer for us and he is such a hoot. In his prayer he said, "Thank you for these young ladies for leading me on to the straight and narrow, and thank you Lord for the rain which makes the grass grow so my wife can mow it." He giggled a little bit when he said that and when we said Amen, Renae (his wife) looked at him and said, "Thanks Don." It was cute hehe :) I don't know if I wrote this last week, but last week on Saturday, Joe and Janine Mabey got in a car accident which stressed Joe out and then he smoked... so we had to push his baptism date back a week... but he is doing better. I love them and I know Joe can stop smoking. He has come so far but that dang car accident... it seems like one thing after another with them... he broke his ribs just before the car accident and Janine went to the hospital... they are working so hard and it seems like everything is after them... (Mom, I think its Wilbur the pig doing all of this haha ;))
We visited Silvia Crystal this week. She is always a funny visit. Everytime she sees us she throws her hands in the air and in her Peruvian accent says, "Oooo! It's the lady missionaries! Bill! Look at them! Oooo! Beuuootiffull lady missionaries! Bill come look at them!" Bill is her husband and he just nods and says, "yeah.. uh huh.. you're right honey." Haha :)
On Saturday we had no idea who to visit so we said a prayer and pulled out our map and just picked a random place. We drove to that random place and a man walked into the house with some budweiser, I told my companion we should go talk to him. She looked at me and said, "yeah lets go split a beer with him." I said, "Okay lets do it!" She didn't seem very pleased with me haha but we did go meet the dude and found out his wife is a member but he's not. He isn't a new investigator... yet... but he did say we could stop by again so I don't know, I think the random spot on the map thing worked.
Mothers Day was AMAZING!!! Church was awesome! Grant (a less active I visited on splits) told me he is antisocial and doesn't want to come to church. I told him I'm pretty antisocial too so we can be antisocial together, well... he came to church! Haha and he is from Canada and he told me a common phrase in Canada is "You betcha A." So when I saw him he said, "It was great to see ya and I'll see you later A." I then said, "You betcha A." It was pretty cute. I'm so glad he came to church! :) Oh! Brother Brower's talk in sacrament this week was so sweet. He shared a story about a mom who always told her son every night, "I'll love you forever, I like you for always, as long as I'm living you'll be my baby." and this mom said that to her son every night... well when the son was now a man and the mom was in the hospital, the son knelt by her bedside and said, "I'll love you forever, I like you for always, as long as I'm living you'll be my mommy."  <3  I wish I had brother Brower's talk because it was awesome and I'm probably not telling it right... but still it was so sweet. Also at church I got to sit with Sister Winmill, she tells me she is my "mission mom." She is so amazing and so is her daughter Kayla. Oooo I just love them! I'm so glad they got to meet you Mom!!! :D :D :D Anyway, Mothers day was the best day ever because I got to skype with you Mom!!! And say hello to everyone! Ashley you are still the same wacky skeeter-bump as before hehe I love you guys!!!!!!!!!! <3

Love,
Sister Coats

Pictures:  
P-day with the Sisters! Sister Latu & Sister Davis. 
Alvey's new dog Elsa! (Sophia & Riley) 
2 Attachments
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment