Monday, May 19, 2014

Don got baptized!!

We did a bunch of service this week which was great because we met some super nice people and I got some sun haha I burned the tip of my nose just a bit. We pulled weeds for the Cooks. They have a small farm so there was (and still is) a ton of work for us to do. We pulled weeds for hours and we barely made a dent but it was so nice. It was great being in the sun, doing physical work, and the Cooks aren't members so it was a great opportunity for us to help them and get to know them. Don Cook is kinda funny, he is on oxygen but always has cigarette in his mouth haha Don's wife Datha, was so appreciative of our help, she said she usually is the only one working. She tried to pay us and was blown away when we told her we can't accept her money she asked how she could repay us, Sister Tinker and I were thinking, "Baptism" haha jk ;) We told her she could repay us by letting us come over again and do some more work. She said we can come back anytime! :) I'm really excited about the Cooks because now we have a weekly service project and some potential investigators! :) Plus, Datha really likes me. I'm not the best talker but I'm a hard worker so Tinker does most of the talking and I just keep working haha :) We also did a service project with Mayor Smedley. We cleaned up the city park. While I was working, Mayor Smedley took my bag away, he said, "Sister Coats, no one is working as hard as you here. You gotta stop." I laughed and took my bag back and kept working but he was serious! He took my bag away from me again and demanded I take a break. It was pretty funny. :)

We had exchanges this week. Sister Cluff was my companion for the day which was crazy because I was like, the leader for the day. It was weird but fun being in charge, sorta? Haha :) But we did get a new investigator, Cindi and she is kinda spacy but that's okay. Even though we didn't understand most of what she said because she would just switch from one subject to the next she did come to church so hey, pretty sweet :)

Silvia Crystal, she is from Peru, she just loves it when we visit her! She makes us feel so good. We usually read a chapter from the Book of Mormon with her. Well, this week's visit was extra special because after I said the closing prayer Silvia had tears in her eyes... she stood up and hugged us and told us how much she loves us. She said we have helped her so much by visiting her and we bring the spirit into her home every time we visit. She told us we have helped her love the gospel again. :) So sweet! :)

*****<3*****
So why was this the best week of my mission so far?? Because Don Eddings got baptized!!!!!!!!!!! It was AWESOME!!!! He was so happy and so was his wife Renae! I can't explain how happy I am for him and how much I truly love the Eddings. The spirit was so strong in that room. After Don's baptism, I told Renae (Don's wife) that I would love to go to the temple with them in a year, Renae just hugged me. She didn't say anything but our hug said it all. We hugged for a while and she did one of those like, full body, soft sobs, where I could like, feel it, but it wasn't sad it was the happiest soft sobs ever! We both were crying tears of joy! And you know what was really sweet, it was like we weren't the only ones hugging. It wasn't just me and Renae in that hug. It was like we were being hugged by angels. :) I told her I love her and through her soft cry she whispered, "I love you too." :)<3 I am so lucky to have met Don and Renae Eddings and I am so excited to see how the gospel will continue to bless them. In one year they are going to the temple (that's their goal) and they are letting me go with! Don and Renae said there is no way they are going to let me miss going to the temple with them. Before I came out, I only could dream of something like this happening and guess what! My dream came true! Best week ever! :)
(Song for you mom :) ->) "A Dream is a wish your heart makes when your fast asleep"

I love and miss you all!

Love,
Sister Coats 
2 Attachments
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment