Monday, February 23, 2015

Stop in the Name of Love!



I realized I need to love the people in this area even more so I have a stronger desire to contact everyone and have the courage to do it! I love this gospel, and I love this work, even though my companionship is difficult (its improving a lot!) I'm the only person to blame when it comes to feeling discouraged. Its my own choice to choose how hard I work and I know I'm happier when I'm working hard! It was a hard week because I feel like my efforts aren't really getting places but maybe I'm just not trying hard enough... I think I need to push myself even harder then the miracles will come. My goal this week is to contact as many of our referrals as possible so we can have more people to teach and instead of walking to their door, start running! Throughout my studies (btw I finished reading the Book of Mormon and Preach My Gospel!) I realized the greatest blessings or miracles came after a sacrifice. I'm willing to sacrifice myself by pushing myself outside of my comfort zone. We are going to get new investigators this week. I know if I sacrifice, do my part, then Heavenly Father will help us find more people to teach.

Even though we didn't get any new investigators this week, we taught a ton of less actives and did quite a bit of service. Fay is still going strong with preparing to enter the temple and the Kaplans are becoming totally active! Macy has been coming to church every week now and hasn't missed one of our book of Mormon classes! We may not be having a baptism, and when I look at the numbers that kinda brings me down but when I think of the people we've helped, I'm brought right back up again! Helping anyone come closer to Christ is the best feeling ever. Whether they are an active member, less active, totally inactive, or not a member at all and totally not interested, when we help them and the spirit comes, thats the best feeling, it makes all those hard times disappear.

Michelle is struggling with faith... she says its just something shes never had. We asked her to read Alma 32 and I'm so excited to follow up with her today! As I was studying for her this morning I realized for any of us to increase our faith we must increase our obedience. When we are obedient, our faith increases, and when our faith increases, our desire to be obedient increases as well. So my conclusion for Michelle is if she starts living the gospel, her faith will increase, and so will her desire to start living it! I know for me that this rings true. I've seen how as I've tried to be obedient my faith has increased and as my faith has grown, I want to be more obedient! I want to follow my Savior and His example. I want to be more like Him. 

Stop in the name of love! ~ We were driving to go contact a referral when we saw a tiny lady taking out her trash. She was hunched over and her son was trying to help her but couldn't lift the trash. I pulled over, Kennedy was like, "What are you doing?" We stopped and I was like, "Lets go!" So we jumped out of the car and helped this lady with her trash. She had a few bags she needed to take out and we quickly found out that she was in a car accident and really injured her back and her son wanted to help but he wasn't strong enough. Something as simple as taking the trash out, she couldn't do it. We were more than willing to help! :D And as we helped her I saw her heart be softened. She smiled at us and invited us in and thanked us repeatedly. When we went inside, we got to know her and some of her struggles. We shared with her how Heavenly Father loves her. The spirit was there and when we asked if they knew their Heavenly Father loved them, her 1st grader son and 4 year old daughter looked up to their mom and said, "we know He loves us, huh mom" :) She replied "yes he does." :) When Kennedy and I left we just knew that was exactly where we needed to be and at the perfect moment. It was so cool, I felt instant love for this family. Isn't that cool? Talk about perfect timing and Heavenly Father leading us to where we needed to be. :) I am so grateful for how Heavenly Father lets us be His hands. I'm grateful to know that He cares about me and about all of His children. I know He is watching over me. Right now I may not be seeing immediate results from my efforts but I know He sees how hard we are trying and I know our efforts aren't wasted.

Gotta go! Have a great week everyone!

James 4:8 "Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you..."

Sister Coats

Thank you for the package mom! 
Rose!

No comments:

Post a Comment