Friday, March 20, 2015

I Can't Believe it's Been a Whole Year!!

I can't believe its my year mark!!!! :0 CRAZY! I still feel like a newbie! 

I loved stake conference yesterday. I especially loved Elder Nielson's talk about change. I want to continue to change, always striving to be better everyday. I think the biggest way that I stop myself from changing is by procrastinating... like, I'll do it tomorrow, or just one more time then I'll stop. It hit me that if I want to grow closer to my Savior I need to change now

I have been having a difficult time this week and I don't want to be negative because negativity never makes anything better... but I am struggling. I want Sister K to love her mission and I am trying my very best to help her. I just don't know what else I can do.... when Sister Marriott talked about contention and how she prayed extra hard for Heavenly Father to give her a portion of the love He has for her sister in law, well I did that. I prayed extra extra hard for that love last night and I can feel the difference already. I don't understand Sister K want to go home but I am trying to be understanding and loving. I hope that she may feel that she is suppose to be here. I just know that when Heavenly Father calls you on a mission He doesn't call you and then call you home. He helps you finish! Anyway I could use some tips on helping Sister K.. Its killing me to think that I have let Heavenly Father down and that I may have let my mission president down. I can promise that I truly am trying my best to help her and I hope to have another opportunity to help a missionary come to love the work! I am willing to do whatever it takes to help Sister  K to stay and I am willing to do whatever I am asked to do. Sister K even got a call from her family telling her to stay out here... I can't help but be worried... but hey when I was really getting down on myself about all of this we visited the Teicherts to drop off our progress record. Sister Teichert gave me a big huge hug and told me I was a great missionary! I didn't even tell her about any of this but she acted like she knew, it was crazy but way sweet. She touched my heart. I wanted to break down but I didn't haha I just wonder how did she know that I needed that simple hug? It sounds silly but I really needed that hug. The Teicherts got me an Idaho necklace and oh it is so cute! I'm wearing it now and man, it was perfect timing really. I don't even know how to explain. I needed that simple hug and compliment from her because it helped me feel His love for me. He knows I'm doing my best and that's all He asks. I didn't want to go all "sappy" on the Teicherts and tell them how much I love them and how grateful I am for their example to me but really, someday I will tell them how much I care for them and how they've helped me. I am so grateful for how Heavenly Father answered my prayers through them. :)

Randomness ~ I helped castrate lambs! It was crazy but fun haha Sister K was totally grossed out but I jumped right in with the guys! Bishop Williams was like, "Whoa Sister Coats, you're a hard worker, if you come back to Mackay, I'll hire you!" and Debby Hanks was like, "You're becoming a true Idaho farm girl" :P It was fun and after we got to walk Macy home and on our walk we made up a dance! It was so fun! Macy and I were dancing away and I was trying to get K to dance, but hey, she is warming up! I got her to at least laugh at me. My dance moves are hot haha ;)

We kinda got completely blind sided by this lady at the post office. She is super nice to us when we go get our mail and she invited us over to see her baby goats. When we went there it was all fine and dandy, helping with the goats, and K has milked a goat now! Haha But when we were done and went inside her husband started to bible bash with us and then she joined in. They were tarring all of what we know to be true. Sister K didn't say anything which kinda got me frustrated but I could feel she was praying for me. Every bash they'd try to hit us with, I shared my testimony. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know Joseph Smith was a true prophet and that we have a living prophet today. Christ lives. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is Christ's church. I know these things are true. I really do know these things are true and because I know these things I was able to not let what they threw at us bring me down. I know the spirit was with us as we spoke because when we stood our ground and told them that we did not come here to bible bash and that there is no spirit with this contention. They at least kept quiet for a bit. Anyway, they gave us anti-crud... and we kindly left and I went all Hulk like on the anti-crud when we got home haha... anyway, moral of the story, sometimes our beliefs are put to the test and we can't back down on what we know to be true! Like what Lehi told his family, (1 Nephi 8:34) "... For as many as heeded them, had fallen away." I realized that there is always going to be opposition and I am never going to take any "heed" to what ever they do or say that is against what I know to be true because I absolutely know these things are true. I know where I stand, who's side I am on and no one can ever take this knowledge away from me, except myself.

Crazy week really but hey! We got a new investigator! Remember the lady that we took trash out for? We taught the 1st lesson to her and her family and they want to know more! When we talked about prophets the little girl was totally glued in. We did the pen demonstration of what prophets do and the little girl was amazed. I don't think I've ever taught such a young girl, kindergarten age, who was so absorbed in what we were sharing. When we asked Gloria to read from the Book of Mormon the little girl jumped us and begged us for a book too! It was so awesome and of course I was like, "OF COURSE YOU CAN HAVE A BOOK!!" Haha :)

Okay last thing, I was reading Jude in the New Testament and so with my love for the Beatles. I started singing Hey Jude but I replaced my name for Jude and also changed she to HIM. So I sang something like, "Hey Audrey, Don't be afraid. Take a sad song and make it better. Remember to let HIM into your heart and then you can start to make it better... etc." <3 Silly right? But as I sang that song to myself, I could feel His love for me. That He really wants me to let Him into my heart and I know He will help me make it better. :)

Gotta go!

<3 Sister Coats

Have a beautiful week everyone!

 Btw congrats Elder Golden for finishing your mission! I can't wait to give you a huge hug when I see you again! You are an amazing missionary! I am so grateful to be related to you! Hahaha You're definitely a golden child. ;)


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment