Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Letter March 31 2014

Hey Everyone!!

P-days go by so fast and they are the busiest days of the week. We have so much to do! Last p-day though we got to go bowling as a zone. It only cost us $2 to rent shoes. I really stink at bowling... man... I'm awful... I should've used the bumpers. Haha :) This week at district meeting we focused on how we can apply scriptures to people and not try to make the scripture fit the person. If that makes sense? So I've been trying to do that and its really helped. 

We are teaching a girl, Ciara, who I think is ready to be baptized. Shes one of the members friends and she loves the scriptures. She knows a ton about them and reads everything we ask her to read but she has a hard time showing up to church because she works on Sunday... so we really need to help her realize how important the sacrament is. I'm excited for our next lesson because we are going to ask her to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized. We had an amazing 1st lesson with Erica! She has a little boy who's 2 and she is pregnant. I was sad yesterday when she didn't show up to church... We visited her after and she was watching TV with her friends... Its hard to not to be sad when you know people need the gospel in their life and you love them and you know the gospel will bless them... we have another lesson with her soon and I hope that she will act on the feelings she felt and hopefully feels again. For her to understand the importance of church and taking the sacrament she needs to come to church! Its one thing to explain it and its another thing for them to do it. We met with the Mabey couple. They're a really old couple and the husband has been excommunicated. They are really nice people. Our visit went really well. We talked about forgiveness and how we not only need to forgive others but we need to forgive ourselves. Sister Mabey was crying happy tears :) Brother Mabey just needs to stop smoking and then he can get baptized but I know our visits are helping him.

On Wednesday we did exchanges. I went to Rupert for the day with Sister Moore. It was a lot of fun. We taught a Book of Mormon class, helped one of the members create center pieces for her Easter party, and cleaned all of the Jensen's windows on their farm. I loved cleaning windows haha I got to wear my sweats and even though it was a little cold outside it was nice to be doing some physical work. The Jensen's are really awesome. Sister Jensen made us dinner while we cleaned and her grandson Brody scared me soo bad! I was cleaning one of the windows and then walked inside to get the garbage and he popped out at me! I don't even know if I screamed or not but Brody fell to the ground laughing at me and during dinner he'd just look up at me and giggle... he was proud of himself haha :)

We had a few less actives come back to church! Crazy hair Ian (he has long black hair and he spikes it in all different directions, kinda looks like a porky pine hehe he has a punk type of style) Whenever we visit Ian his band is playing downstairs. They turn the music up so loud it really does make the little house shake. Its nice that his band plays the music so loud only because then we always know when he's home. :) Liz and Brother Giles also came. We helped Liz clean her house. Shes a heavy lady and has a really hard time bending down, so we helped her clean and in return she came to church and sat next to us! :) Brother Giles really is crazy. He has a karaoke machine which I really want to try and he can belt it out! He is always teasing us and making fun of us that we don't get to go out and do the things he gets to do. He says whatever is on his mind and his wife always gets so embarrassed. :) Sunday is a relaxing day compared to the rest of the week because we go to church all day but its nice to have other people teaching instead of us but I was asked to give the closing talk yesterday and we taught the gospel principles class last week.. both last minute... but still, we mostly just listen to everyone else :)

The Brower family, they fed us dinner the other night, are way cool. They have 3 kids and love food! Sister Brower is an amazing cook. When we were all waiting for her to bring over her pasta, her little boys were so funny. They couldn't wait for dinner, one of her sons looked like he was about to cry because he was so hungry. Before dinner, when we pulled up to the Brower family house, we saw their little boy David peaking out the window. David likes to wait for us so he can open the door and lead us to our dinner seats, its really cute. :)

Bonnie received her endowment this week and got married in the temple! Shes a super old lady and is pretty sarcastic. She says some funny things. She was like, "Oh I'm excited to wear garments. I think they are going to help me from looking so awful for the wedding night." We were like "what do you mean?" Bonnie said, "I'm an old lady... you know what I mean... my body isn't what it use to be and come to think of it... neither is his so, garments are going to help both of us out." haha :) She invited us to her reception after they went to the temple and she was all smiles. Something she does thats really cute is when she laughs she opens her mouth way big but then quickly closes it and puts her hand over her mouth to keep her dentures from falling out. :)

Did you girls watch the General Woman's broadcast? It was way good. I loved the video of all the stages of life but my favorite part was Eyring's talk. He talked about his mom and how she was so loving, made me think of my mom... I love my mom... He said to smile at your mom and that made me miss my mom even more... but I was sending a smile to my mom anyways! One of my favorite things he said was that we need to comfort, help, and do it with a smile. :) I also loved how he said we are all more alike than different. So yeah, I loved his talk and I need to do what he says, Smile! :D

Last night we ate at the Alvey's. We had grilled chicken which tasted just like Dadio's so that was good, and we had monkey bread for dessert, which is amazing! Then we watched Saturday's Warrior. I've never seen it and oh my gosh.. that movie is cheesy... I was trying so hard to take it seriously but I just couldn't. It was painful to watch... but because it was so cheesy it was pretty funny too. My companion sister Tinker really enjoyed it though and asked if they had a sound track. Sister Alvey said she has the CD... I was thinking "NOO!!!" If Sister Tinker gets that cd.... I'm going to have to hide it from her!!! :P Anyway, the Alvey's are hosting an exchange student, Sophia. Shes from Germany and really wants to get baptized but she can't because its against the exchange student program rules... Sophia is awesome. She has a way cute accent and is very giggly. Through the week she writes down questions as she studies the Book of Mormon and then whenever we see her we help answer her questions. Oh! So Sophia really likes this boy and one thing I love about her is how boy crazy she is! Whenever we're over at her house, I help her text the boys she likes because she never knows what to say even if they only say "Hey" she gets all nervous and says, "He said hey! what do I say? I should say Hey back right?" Its so funny because I've totally been that nervous about texting someone I've liked and sister Tinker doesn't understand what being boy crazy is like, so sophia and I have that in common haha :) Sophia is pretty awesome. She invited us to her birthday party on friday and gave us some german chocolate last night. German Chocolate is the best! :)

Love and miss you all!!! Thank you for the letters and emails!!! :)
Love,
Sister Coats

You can send letters to the mission office or to my apartment address.

Sister Audrey Caroline Coats
19 w. 218 S.
Burley ID 83313

No comments:

Post a Comment