Saturday, January 17, 2015

Power Outage

It snowed like crazy this weekend and our power went out. I had to put my makeup on with my flashlight haha Another thing that went out... Sister Dax... she got so sick this week and so we had to stay at home which was so hard for us. We want to work but she just couldn't move. She slept for days... Even though she was sick I decided I was still going to do all I can to help the work progress. So the 1st day I updated & cleaned out our entire area book, did as much weekly planning as I could by myself haha so just progress records and then cleaned our home to tip top shape. I did all of that in like 2 hours so... boredom struck and I learned very quickly that when you are obedient there is absolutely nothing you can do at home. Yes I can study but when it comes to work, I feel like there's not much I can do. Anyway, most of my days this week went like this, wake up, get ready, study, comp study turned into personal study, then when I couldn't study anymore... I'd study some more... but all is well, because we were able to go on exchanges this week with the young women so I could get out  of the house and Sister Dax could continue to sleep. I was going stir crazy in that house! So that was awesome to be able to contact a few people and we got to see Ron! He is so awesome! He cut his hair and was so cleaned up! He said he just felt like he needed to clean himself up. :) He is such a humble guy and he knows the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ. Any who, Sister Dax is continuing to feel better and we were able to go out and work last night, which felt so good! I hope she continues to get better. :)
 
Oh, okay so Sister Dax wanted to watch the restoration video, well... we watched it like 7 times! In a row! NO JOKE! I have the entire thing memorized and the first few times it was still spiritual but after the 3rd or 4th time (lost track after awhile) I was so bored I started to rein-act it out for myself. It was a sad moment for me. I would pretend to be different characters and mouth the words. I can't watch that movie for awhile. I just... it has to go. Haha
 
Funny moment. With Sister Dax sick, I was still sticking to my goal of being exactly obedient, waking up on time and doing all I could do, any who, I was just tired of sitting in the house and stuff... I really wanted to write a dang letter home but we have a rule where we can only write on P-day so I said a little prayer like, "I'm bored will you excuse me from the rule of not writing throughout the week?" I said amen, opened up my scriptures, & read a random verse that said something like, "And the people prospered in the land because they kept the commandments." I shut my book and just went, "Dang it." So yeah I should've just done it and not asked haha just kidding! Obedience will pay off in the end! :)
 
I hope all of you had a good week! I'm officially old now... I'm 20 :/ Idk why It bothers me that I'm 20 but it does haha :) Have a Merry Christmas everyone! I can't wait to Skype with you Mom!!!!! SO EXCITED!
 
Sister Coats
 
PS: We got to workout with the Relief Society this morning, feels so good! :D
 
Picture: It was Kimber's 11th birthday one day before mine so the summers celebrated my birthday with me. Got me cheesecake since they know I don't like cake. It was a good day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment