Saturday, January 17, 2015

Step Mother

I can't believe it.... I am going to be a step mother! President told me a while back that he wanted me to train but Mackay wouldn't be a good area for a trainee because its so far from the mission home. Well... guess what! I'm training! I am finishing out Sister Kennedy's training. I am really nervous to be training but I remember how I felt when President told me I was going to be training, so I need to remember that feeling. When he told me I could do it, it felt great to know that Heavenly Father and President trust me with this responsibility. When I was studying in 1 Corinthians 1 & 2, I felt like it totally applied to me because I feel weak and unqualified but as I was reading I felt that Heavenly Father will help me as long as I try my best to help Sister Kennedy and bring the spirit, it will all work out. (Being trained was a hard part of my mission, I hope I can help Sister Kennedy have a more positive experience then I did) I am excited to be learning from her as I help with her training. Knowing that Heavenly Father and President believe in me to do this, helps me believe in myself.

1 Corinthians 1:26-27 "For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;"

New Years was fun. We had dinner with the Teicherts, brother Teichert got us some cowboy hats! And since it was an early night because of the holiday, we watched Baptist at my Barbecue and Saints & Soldiers. Saints & Soldiers was my favorite! It was intense. Hehe Sister Dax and I got so into the movie that we totally downed our hot Cheetos in like 15 minutes! Haha :) Man, I am going to miss Sister Dax. We just goof off together and get along so well. It was cool how we didn't have to work on our relationship just the work! But I know she is going to rock her new area. She is becoming a Spanish sister! Which I think is so awesome because most of her family is Mexican, her mom is Mexican, so now when she goes home she will be able to talk to her mom in her native language!!! I am so happy for her! But I want to be selfish and keep her as my companion hahah but its all good, she will rock it. 

Well, we gotta pack and what not so sorry this is short but one last thing, we are finalizing everything for Macey's baptism on the 17th and we believe her baptism is helping her family become active again. We also had a less active, Dakota, come back to church! He is one of our former investigators grandsons. I think him becoming active again is having a positive affect on his grandpa and less active grandma. 

Anyway, have an amazing week! Happy New Year! I can't believe its 2015! I'm training! And its my 10 month mark! This is crazy! 

Sister Coats

View from Teichert's backyard trail. Mackay is so beautiful! I am so grateful I get to stay! I never want to leave. This is paradise. It may be in the middle of no where but hey, I don't care! I love it here!!! (Yes, I have amazing photography skills. I took this hehe Mackay is just gorgeous.) 
Attachments area

No comments:

Post a Comment