Monday, August 31, 2015

August 10 #Pohauts

It was hard saying goodbye to Sister McCallum and my other missionary friends. I prayed I wouldn't just burst into a puddle, and I didn't, so prayer answered! Haha But dang, I miss my best friend already! She finished strong, and I want to finish strong too! Plus, It's just weird to think they won't be missionaries anymore... what do I call them now? By their first name? Uh... strange haha We got to do role plays with the newbies brought into the mission. I think that was a wonderful way for Sister McCallum to finish her last day in the mission field. Its so fun role playing with the new missionaries! They have such a strong desire to be one and only thing, a great missionary! Role playing with them made me want to consecrate myself more fully to the work, and it was cool to see how much I've grown. At the beginning of my mission I barely talked, now these new missionaries actually think I know what I am doing! Haha Fooled them ;) jk :P Its hard to see my progress in a day, but when I look back on my mission, I see how much the Lord has helped me grow. I am so much more confident in my own skin because I know I am His. When I was studying in 1 Chronicles 22, David was to build a temple but the Lord told him to have his son Solomon build the temple. The Lord tells David that Solomon (verse 10) "shall build an house for my name; and he shall be my son, and I will be his father; and I will establish the throne of his kingdom over israel for ever." I loved that verse because I realized that as we do His work, we become like Him, which then shows we are his. Then when we become His (have a desire to become His), He gives us all He has. I hope that makes sense? Haha But It reminded me that I become His by doing His work and that becoming like him, its possible, it's in my reach. Because of Jesus Christ and his atonement, He made that goal possible. :) Plus! The cool part is He does His work with me! (Verse 16) "... Arise, therefore, and be doing, and the Lord be with thee." The Lord is doing His work with us and when we allow Him to show us how to do His work, in His way, that's when miracles happen! :)

We got a new ward this week. We took over the ZL's YSA, so we are now over the college ward, family ward, and the older young single adults ward... its been hard balancing out the work, but I love being busy! And my new companion Sister Pohahau, she is so chill.  She never seems to get overwhelmed, and I get overwhelmed all the time, so its a good balance because she is helping me relax, which has helped made the new area and all the work we have to do seem less taunting. I admire how soft spoken she is. When she speaks in any situation, the spirit is with her. I am trying to be more soft spoken like her. Our area is a blast because we are so busy! There is never a dull moment. I have a really good feeling about this transfer. I've already learned a lot from Sister Pohahau already and I'm excited to see our teaching continue to progress. 

Random tid bit; we helped some sisters move and helped a family move too and I've come to the conclusion that I am never buying my children toys. Haha :P They can make their own toys with sticks and boxes! :P 

T is getting baptized this week! We are so excited for him! Hopefully we can get one of the ward members to translate for him and baptize him in his native language. That would be so powerful. Its amazing doing the Lord's work. There is nothing like it. There is so much to do and ya know what's kinda awesome? It makes me happy! I'm happy when I am in the service of the Lord. When we serve His children, I see them the way He sees them, I love them and want nothing but the best for them. He has blessed us this week with lots of lessons, new people to teach, and with beautiful sunshine! Hope you all have a wonderful week! Gotta go! 

"There is gladness in my soul today, and hope and praise and love, for blessings which he gives me now, for joys "laid up" above. Oh, there's sunshine, blessed sunshine when the peaceful happy moments roll. When Jesus shows his smiling face, there is sunshine in the soul!"

Sister Coats

Sister Pohahau are exhausted! But hey! This is us! :D #Pohauts
My Brothas! Taione and Fleck! (we were in the mtc together!) They are now companions, those lucky ducks!  I actually look tiny next to them! Haha! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment