Monday, August 31, 2015

August 24, Trying to Make it Spiritual!

This week Sister Pohahau got sick... which was hard because I know she wants to go out and work but she also won't give herself a break until she absolutely needs one, which is actually good because I trust her when she says she can't work, she can't work. With her being sick I realized I've actually grown a lot in patience. Before when my companions would get sick I'd be antsy but instead I was very patient and as I served her, I grew in patience & love for her. We even went to the hospital. Sister Pohahau is so strong, she won't let anything bring her down. It hurt my heart to see her hurt. Its amazing how praying for her, if nothing else brought me comfort haha She is feeling better today though. :)

I wish I had more to say but my mind is everywhere today. I'm just totally overloaded with everything we need to get done. We are going on emergency exchanges with the sisters today,(which means I need to put my selfish p-day desires aside) with the sisters that ya know, last week... were so fond of me. #not :P In a way its kind of a tender mercy because I've been praying for that sister's heart to be softened towards me and with how things have played out, her heart has definitely been softened. She had a minor fall... she really hurt her knee and we were the ones to help her out. She has to use a wheel chair right now and has to depend on others. Her heart is being softened, as she has to let us help, its giving her an opportunity for us to show her we love her. I'm nervous about this week exchange, but it will be good. I get to even more fully totally forget about myself and help the sisters out :) President said I need to help their area get going since we've been nailing it in finding lately and I think the exchange will repair what happened last week. Heavenly Father works in mysterious ways. I don't get it most of the time haha but I gotta trust him. 

I'm really grateful for my mission President and his wife. I really need their counsel, like all the time haha While I was reading in Doctrine and Covenants 121 & 122 today, DC 122:2 hit me because it says, "... the pure in heart... seek counsel..." I want to be pure in heart and I'm trying to become more pure everyday. I don't want the power of Heaven to be restricted in any way! I want to be exactly obedient and I want to help others do the same. As I've applied the counsel of my leaders, and especially the apostles and prophet, I know my heart is becoming more pure. I'm definitely being refined and its nice to know my president really does care about me.

Ya know something that is on my mind is if everyone would just be obedient! So many problems in the mission would be resolved! Whatever, I can't control others agency, even if they are using it wrong. My head is hurting... gosh, do I sound like a complainer or what? :)

Oh!! Miracle! Remember the lady that we took on a tour of the church? And she like busted up into tears! Well, her ex boyfriend wouldn't give us her phone number, so we went on the hunt to find her haha we said multiple prayers and a few days ago we drove pass her ex boyfriend's home and I saw her red hair!! YES! Immediately we pulled over and it was her! So I guess they are back together but the point I am trying to make is heavenly Father answered our prayers and we got her new phone number, she came to church, and I thought we lost her but hey, prayers answered and she was found! :)

I hope all of you have a great week! I wish I could focus right now, my mind is going a thousand different directions. Any who, I hope you all know that you are loved from above and He is always near. Always near you. I know He hears me and does what is best for me. I don't know much but I do know that Heavenly Father & Jesus Christ live. I know it. I am honored to be their missionary. 

Sister Coats

Doctrine and Covenants 121:35-36 "Because their hearts are set so much upon the things of this world, and aspire to the honors of men, that they do not learn this one lesson - that the rights of the priesthood are inseparably connected with the powers of heaven, and that the powers of heaven cannot be controlled nor handled only upon the principles of righteousness."

Us & Grandma Joe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment