Monday, August 31, 2015

July 6 Standing on my Toes!

If this letter is all over the place, I'm sorry, its cause I'm all over the place this morning. Haha :P We set another baptism date! (Miracles come from talking to everyone :)) We met Kim on the street and came back for our 1st appointment with her. We taught the restoration. As we testified of Joseph Smith's 1st vision, peace filled the room. We testified of the priesthood being restored and invited her to be baptized! This was our 1st lesson with her! Its crazy how some people just need to be invited/asked. We asked her if she knew what we had shared was true and she said, "I know it is true."  I am inspired by Kim because she has so much opposition. She has twin daughters who are both lesbian and married, her husband is anti, and her son is athiest, yet she knows the church is true and is willing to do whatever it takes to get baptized. It hurt me to see her hurt as she talked about her children and her worry over them. She doesn't want to hurt them and have this put a wall between them. As we listened we both felt to testify of God's love. That no matter what, God loves her and her children. He doesn't ever stop loving us and that her family will always be welcome at church. Sister McCallum made a powerful promise to her; that her family's hearts will be softened and that one day they will be one with her in the church. I know she was inspired to extend that promise to Kim. I could feel the power and truth behind it. :) The Lord truly prepares His children to receive His gospel and I feel so blessed that I get to do His work with Him. 

I wish I had more to say more but it's been sort of a struggle this last week. With all this stress of not knowing how to help but wanting to as well as some other stuff... I received a blessing. I am grateful for the priesthood. I know that my blessing was straight from my Heavenly Father. Only He knows those questions, concerns, and worries like that. 

I am trying to more fully understand the mercy and grace of the Savior's Atonement. When I mess up I feel like I'm not worthy to have the spirit with me even if that mess up comes from being weak yet, I know for others it isn't like that, but for me I hold myself at some unreachable standard. I am trying to understand the difference between weakness and sin and how the Savior's atonement applies to both. That to be weak isn't a sin... I know it isn't a sin yet in my mind, for me and only me that is hahah if that makes any sense at all? :P I am grateful for the desire I have to make my Father proud and to be perfect but I also need to learn to balance becoming perfect haha Overall this week I learned that my Heavenly Father has more patience with me than I have with myself. This scripture brought me comfort; Doctrine and Covenants 82:23-24 "Leave judgement alone with me, for it is mine and I will repay. Peace be with you; my blessings continue with you. For even yet the kingdom is yours, and shall be forever if you fall not from your steadfastness."

I hope you all had a fun forth of july! We sure did! We got a new investigator, solid fellowshippers, and man, I sure do love this work! When you get good days, it outweighs all the bad ones! 100000 to 1! There is nothing like the happiness that comes from doing HIS work with HIM! <3

Sister Coats 

Doctrine and Covenants 43:27-29 
"Behold, verily I say unto you that these are the words of the Lord your God. Wherefore, labor ye, labor ye in my vineyard for the last time - for the last time call upon the inhabitants of the earth. For in mine own due time will I come upon the earth in judgement, and my people shall be redeemed and shall reign with me..." 

Stop in the Name of Love! Before you tell us no, think ooooover! :P 
It was over 100 all week, thought this sign was pretty great :)

No comments:

Post a Comment