Monday, August 31, 2015

August 3 Last Transfer!

SISTER MCCALLUM IS LEAVING ME!!!!!!! NOO!!! Why does this happen every transfer? Haha We are attached at the hip and now she is being taken away from me... gosh, ya know having a companion is like having a permanent stalker. Haha I've really come to love this one ;) My favorite thing to do is be a dork with her and be like, "You're stuck with me haha!" But now she's not.... Anyway, I am going to miss her so much. She has helped me grow. I admire how she always has a prayer in her heart and never thinks negative. I am grateful for how Heavenly Father lead us together, that we got to be companions. We have a friendship built upon the spirit. Its a friendship I know will last forever. I know it's going to be super hard to say goodbye to her on Wednesday... whoa, its gonna be hard. We are just so comfortable with each other. She is like my other half! We laugh and bicker and push and love each other like real sisters hehe I am so grateful that I got to learn from her, work with her, and be her friend. 
"Friendship comes in many forms, like laughter, joy & care. But the truest way to be a friend, is in God's love you share." - Fay Hansen. 

Its been a great week! Our area is doing amazing, new people to teach, and man we've been so busy! I love it! We have had meetings galore, I got to train during zone meeting which a wee bit terrifying and I think I butchered it but hey, I did it and I'm alive so thats good. We got dumb ti-wi's.... its a little gadget that yells at you everytime you drive a little less than safe.... the 1st time it yelled, I had no idea what it was and if my window would've been open, I would have flown right out it! Sister McCallum thought that was hilarious because I basically smashed my face and body against the window, (I looked like one of those windex birds if ya know what I'm saying haha) Anyway, its good because it helps us be, quote, "Safe" but it makes me nervous! I hope I still don't drive next transfer. I am terrified of driving a mission car because its not my car and then this ti-wi thing is just strange. 

We had miracles galore! KIM was baptized!!!!!!!!!!!! It was so beautiful and her smile was so big! Everyone commented on how they've never seen her so happy before! The coolest part of her baptism was what happened right before. So we stopped by before her baptism to see how she was doing and she and her daughter had a wonderful surprise. Every time we've met with Kim, her daughter has run away from us, wanting nothing to do with us, well this time she stayed. Kim told us her daughter had something special to share with us. Her daughter explained how she has seen her mom change. "She is happy, she is so much happier. Happier than I've ever seen her. I know that this change has helped her and I'm happy for my mom." As she explained the happiness the gospel has brought to her mom, we could see how Kim was holding back tears. Her daughter then said, "I want it." <3 Isn't that beautiful? Because Kim is truly converted to the gospel, to her Savior Jesus Christ, with all the opposition she has had & still has, she still stayed strong and her daughter recognized that and wants to follow her mom's example. Kim was afraid of being alone, but her daughter is following her, and together they can live the Gospel of Jesus Christ to its fullest. I know that Heavenly Father has heard Kim's prayers and our prayers. We prayed her family's hearts would be soften and now her daughter wants what she has. We can already see how their relationship has grown stronger because they want to support each other in following Jesus Christ. I know families can be together forever. Heavenly Father knows our deepest desires. He wants us happy and I know that true happiness comes only from our Savior Jesus Christ. 
1 Nephi 8:10-12 "And it came to pass that I beheld a tree, whose fruit was desirable to make one happy. And it came to pass that I did go forth and partake of the fruit thereof; and I beheld that the it was most sweet, above all that I ever before tasted. Yea, and I beheld that the fruit thereof was white, to exceed all the whiteness that I had ever seen. And as I partook of the fruit thereof it filled my soul with exceedingly great joy; wherefore, I began to be desirous that my family should partake of it also; for I knew that it was desirable above all other fruit."
This is what Kim is doing for her family, she has tasted the fruit and wants her family to taste of it too. Something awesome about sharing the happiness of the gospel, is as I've been able to share it, I've come to love it more, to truly feel the joy that comes from it. Seeing Kim get baptized and her daughter's heart be softened, made me love this gospel even more because I got to see the happiness it brings to all of God's children. I love my Savior more each day, which I didn't think was possible, but with each passing day, I love Him more.

There is nothing like be the Lord's instrument! 
I can't help but see the Lord's hand when I am in it. 

BTW, at the baptism, multiple investigators came and they received answers! It was amazing! There is so much work to do! So much love to share! :)

I am trying to not let my weaknesses cripple me. I read a letter from a dear friend of mine that really helped me this week. He said, that I am blessed because of my weaknesses because they allow me to grow.
Ether 12:27 “And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness.  I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.”
The Lord gives men weakness, not as a punishment, but as a blessing.  
 He also said, Be extra kind and patient to yourself and know that the Lord will, in His own time and in His own way, lift you up and make all those weaknesses you now feel holding you down, the means whereby you shall be lifted up. (Thank you Bob :))

I need to be patient with myself and remember that I am not walking this alone. The Lord in His own time and way will lift me up and make all my weaknesses that I feel are holding me down, the means whereby I will be lifted up.

I know this gospel is true. I know our Savior Lives and we are all God's Children. He is our Father. I know that knowing these truths for yourself will bring you more happiness than anything else. Lasting Happiness. You will know you are not lost, but that you are HIS. I pray that I may have said what the Lord wanted you to hear, in the Name of Jesus Christ, our Savior, Amen. 

Sister Coats

PS: Waiting to get pics from Kim's baptism! ( I LOVE HER!)
This is us in Grandma Joe's betty boop jackets Hehe <3

No comments:

Post a Comment