Monday, June 1, 2015

I'm Staying in Mackay!



I'm staying in Mackay! Yay! I'm glad I get to stay! I can't believe at the end of this transfer I will have been here for 1/2 my mission! (9 months!) :) & Sister Owsley is still my companion! :) She is great. She was sad this week... her sadness made her physically sick... I know how that feels. It hurt to watch her hurt. I tried to support her any way I could. As I prayed for her and how I could help I felt that what I needed to do most was get her out of bed. I prayed for the courage to do that and to do it in a loving way because I really do know how she feels when you just can't get up and you don't want to, and for no reason at all except that you are sad. So I promised her that if we just went to work and if she didn't start feeling better we could come right back home. I could tell she wasn't pleased with me getting her out of bed haha but that's what I felt I needed to do, so I did it... We went to work. Her countenance changed over the day, she started to look better, started to smile, and laugh! She has the cutest laugh! And as we worked, we both felt happier. We got 3 new investigators, the spirit testified to what we had to say and more than anything I think me acting on what the Lord told me to do, brought Sister Owsley and I closer together. That night she even thanked me for getting her out of bed. :D We established a level of trust that I know we couldn't have achieved if we had just stayed at home. I hope she knows she has a friend in me. Yes we have our differences and I know I have imperfections... lots of them... and I am learning to take what she has to say with love. "Rath unfed by denial will starve and die." Bishop Summers said that and maybe Shakespeare hehe :) Sister Owsley is such a wonderful Sister Missionary and I am excited to see how we can continue to grow over this next transfer. I know she is needed here!
Sister Owsley and I have both had an extremely hard weeks. I got a blessing from Brother Anderson. Which was weird because I didn't want one, I am really good at not asking for help even if I really do need it. Well, we had dinner with the Andersons, I felt I should ask for a blessing, pushed it away like I'm just imagining all this... 10 miles later, Owsley was like, "Just call brother Anderson." I called him and yep, we turned around and went straight back. He said that he felt I needed a blessing too. Isn't that cool?! We both had the same thought! The blessing I received was perfect. I know the priesthood is real. Our Heavenly Father knows us perfectly and how lucky are we to know that worthy & righteous men hold that power to act in God's name! Brother Anderson was an instrument in the Lords hands for me. He was the Lords mouth piece and I was reminded that I am loved and I am important. :) We are all important to God and His plan. 
Yesterday! Sister Summers gave me a hug from my mom <3 Man I really miss my mom... I always miss her... some days just a lot a lot more than others... but that hug was perfect. I needed that so bad especially after such a hard week. I got that hug before Sacrament and then Bishop Williams got up shared his testimony and said, "I don't know why I need to say this but I had a dream that my mom gave me a hug last night." That brought me to tears because I could feel that Heavenly Father was telling me that He hears my prayers, cry, and pleas. For me, that was an answer to my prayers. After Bishop Williams said amen, the pressure was on....My heart was beating through my chest, I stood up, then Sister Tew got the mic! I sat next to the glowing green exit sign and I mean really, out of all places to sit... I looked up at that glowing sign and thought, "I can get out of this.. I can pretend I just need to go to the bathroom or something..." Then I looked around and quickly realized it was too late... I moved and so I was next haha Any who, I shared my testimony in sacrament meeting! (thats the 2nd time I've ever done that!) And what a testimony builder it was for me to share my testimony. I could feel the spirit so strong, I couldn't hold back the tears. :) I am so grateful for my Mother up above and here on earth. I know they love me and I want me to succeed. I know my Heavenly Father loves me because He gave me my mom. I know the family is of God. I pray to be a good Mom someday. To change someone's heart the way my mom changed mine. I want to teach my children to pray the way she taught me. 
~Plus! After I shared my testimony, Macy got up and shared hers! She has never done that before! So if nothing else, me getting the courage to stand up gave her the courage to do the same. It was an awesome moment for me. One I will treasure forever. To hear a little girl, one I got to help bring to the gospel and to the knowledge of our Savior, share her testimony to a room filled with people. She ran over to us right after she said amen and hugged us, it was beautiful. We weren't the only ones in that hug from Macy. Doctrine & Covenants 62:3 "Nevertheless, ye are blessed, for the testimony which ye have borne is recorded in heaven for the angels to look upon; and they rejoice over you, and your sins are forgiven you." We could feel their rejoices!
I know we are children of Heavenly Parents who love us. We are never alone in this world. We don't have to run this race alone. We are not running by ourselves. Our savior is running every step of the way with us. I know what I said is true and I pray that you may find out for yourself if its true too. He lives. He lives and because He lives, He is with us. He hears us, He comforts us, and He loves us.
HE LIVES ~ Watch this Easter message :)
#becauseHeLives
Sister Coats
PS: We had dinner with some of our investigators, they were wasted and wanted to cuddle... My thought process during that awkward moment... "uh Sister Missionary here" hahah! We saw another moose in which at first sister Owsley didn't see so I turned on the brights, she screamed, "DONT GET CLOSER!" Me, "I'm just showing you where he is!" It was great. Another funny moment, old ladies totally get away with being bluntly honest. Fay showed us her genealogy book, came across a picture of an ex-daughter in law and she said, "None of us liked her." It was so funny because she didn't say it rude she said it in a "matter of fact" type of way! Haha :)
Oh! And we got to help artificially inseminate cows today. Yes you heard me right... we got to be baby makers (in a sense? :P)
These pictures.... I'm a real Idahoan! (say the way pinnocio says it haha) #growdy #OnlyInMackay (&leslie) :P

No comments:

Post a Comment