Monday, June 1, 2015

You Look Sick!! April 20 2015

We worked out this morning, felt so good! Anyway, I'm kinda super exhausted but I'm happy. I pass out dead every night but for some reason I am still exhausted lately and then on top of that I got really sick yesterday. We went to meet with bishop Teichert and he said, "You look sick." I was like, "Dang it! I caked on my makeup today so no one could tell." Bishop, "You should let yourself rest." :/ Ya know its awful when people tell you you look sick or tired... I mean what do I say to that, "Thanks" or "Thats just my face" Haha Anyway, Sister Owsley told me to rest but I couldn't get myself to do it, then Bishop said that and yeah, after church I tried to rest but still couldn't do it, I just tossed and turned in bed for an hour thinking, "I must work!" I feel like I'm wasting the Lords time when I rest but at the same time I don't want to look like death... so yep, hopefully my body will catch up on some sleep today, I will sleep while I'm getting my hair done haha

We did a lot of service this week. We redid all of Carley's bathroom and guest bedroom because her in-laws are coming to visit from England. Rose is my little buddy, she makes my day! I can never be sad when I see her! She thinks I'm so awesome, which then makes me feel so awesome haha :) 

We set a baptism date with the Wasylows! Scott is very supportive of his girls getting baptized but doesn't feel he needs to be... Please pray for Scott to recognize the blessings of the gospel for him and his family. He is a wonderful dad and loves his family. Its been a miracle that he has even been sitting in on the lessons though! :) 

BEST PART OF THE WEEK!! & one of the highlights of my mission!! ~ It was 8:50 and we still had 10 minutes before curfew, we could just go home early but nope, we weren't gonna do it, that thought came and went, so we pulled over, prayed, & well we parked right in front of an inactive part member family's home. Felt like we should visit them, so we did. We knock on the door and Sister M lets us right in. Her husband isn't a member and quickly left when he saw our name tags. He is pretty anit... Well, we came into her home, saw pictures on her kitchen table, she was looking at pictures when her kids were little, and there was one of her standing in front of the temple. As she talked I felt that I should just listen. She explained how she hasn't gone to church for years because her family comes to visit her on the weekend and she feels 3 hours of church is 3 less hours with her family, but her heart knows that church is where she is suppose to be. She explained how while she was raising her kids, she always took her kids to church, husband never supported it but she always took her kids despite his lack of support and negativity towards it. None of her kids are active now and she feels its all her fault but that she did the best she could. And she was so worried about her son in the navy getting deployed. I could feel her pain, I could see her pain, and its not her fault that her kids aren't active, she is a fantastic mother, and she raised them right and they know that she knows the gospel of Jesus Christ is true. As Sister M spoke, I could feel the Saviors love for her and a scripture came to my mind, clear as day. I am so grateful I listened. I had to share it with her. As she softly spoke, she stopped when she saw me flip through the pages of my scriptures. Our eyes met, and I knew that what I was about to read was exactly for her. I read Alma 56:17-48 and related it to her and her children, "Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them. And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it." Tears streamed down her face and down ours. Sister M said, "Its funny you girls came tonight... because... well... a few months ago I stopped reading my scriptures, I haven't gone to church for years but I always read my scriptures, I read something that just bugged me so I stopped, then I stopped praying and today after months... I prayed. I poured my heart out to Heavenly Father and pleaded for help and direction... and then you girls show up. You show up... He sent you for me. He heard my prayer." <3 I can't tell you how strong that hit me. He does hear our prayers and I got to be an answer to hers. <3 Our sweet tears came from feeling the Lords arms wrapped around each one of us and I came to feel the true meaning of Luke14:7 "I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance." I felt that joy over Sister M that night.
I know He hears our prayers  and I learned this week that even if something may be silly or small, if its important to me, its important to Him. <3
Sister Coats
Macy & Us! :D


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment