Monday, June 1, 2015

June 1 2015 We Gotta Go Back

This week was a lot better yet stressful at the same time. The coolest thing about being a missionary is seeing (and being part of) someone taking the opportunity to change their heart. 

We were teaching Christan this week and it was pretty rad how his desire to share the gospel has been building. He invited William to his lesson and Christan taught the lesson! William was the 1st person to share the gospel with Christan. They shared a jail cell and Christan was telling him how he felt like he had no direction in his life. William shared with him how the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has given him direction. So in Jail, William shared the gospel, which started this whole adventure for Christan! Well, William soon after he got out of jail fell back into his old ways but guess what, Christan invited him to his lesson and William's heart seemed to be touch. Especially when Christan thanked him for sharing the gospel with him. William couldn't believe that he was the one who basically changed Christan's life forever. It was neat because it was like we literally could see something click for William and William felt the difference he made in Christan's life. Their testimonies strengthened each other.

Rained this week which was fun and made contacting interesting. So it was pouring rain and we were lost, I'm really good at getting lost, and there was this kid mowing the lawn in the pouring rain! We pulled over and I had to mess with this kid, just a little bit haha ;) I teased him about mowing the lawn in the rain, which made him chuckle and come up to talk to us and before we knew it, we were sharing the Book of Mormon with him. We found out that he was going to get baptized last year but that life got too busy and his date just feel through. Its interesting how the Lord works because as we testified of the importance of putting God first this kid was almost in tears. He told us that he wants to be baptized and knows its right. It was so awesome! I know the Book of Mormon is true and that all this kid is lacking is a testimony of the Book of Mormon but he is willing to do what it takes to gain that testimony. Its amazing how because I know the Book of Mormon is true, it gives power to the words I say. It was pretty sweet but... he isn't in our area... we were so lost  and he wasn't in our area hahah oh well, we found someone who wants the gospel and now the other missionaries can help prepare him to be baptized! :)

Another cool experience contacting. We were contacting a referral. We walked up, knocked on the door, my hair totally stuck to my head because of the rain haha the girl answers the door and says, "I'm too busy for this" and slammed the door. That stunk.... As we slumped to our car, I had this crazy feeling to go back but I didn't want to go back. It was raining, I looked like a wet rat, and Sister McCallum seemed bugged, plus we just contacted her, that'd be weird to go back again... but I got the feeling again to go back and this thought came to my mind, "You know the importance of this Gospel, you know its changed your life, Christ has changed your life, and that lady, she needs the gospel as much as you do!" After that thought, how could I not go back, I had to! Sister McCallum looked at me like I was crazy but I told her we had to go back, I knew it. So we went back. Knocked again, the same lady answered and looked at us like, "I just got rid of you." Before she closed the door on us again, we testified of the gospel of Jesus Christ. His love for her and that because the priesthood has been restored families can be together forever. She was quiet.... After what felt like forever, Probably only 2 or 3 minutes, longest minutes of my life, the lady said, "You girls... thank you.... thank you for coming back.... I believe what you said." :D :D :D :D TALK ABOUT AWESOME! We found out she is actually a member but isn't active and her boyfriend isn't a member but we are going to teach them! :D I am so grateful for the prompting of going back and knocking again and for the courage that He gave me to go back again. It was a cool experience because it showed to me that God will always have his arm out stretch towards us, always, and we aren't just some number to him. We are His children. He is our Father and He will always be reaching out for us. :)

Well, I gotta go again but thank you for the prayers you've said for me. I could feel the strength from them this week. 

PS: A fun way to street contact is to make up a dance. As sister McCallum and I made up our own strut we had little girls flocking to us to teach them how to do it haha it was so fun! :D

Omni 1:25-26 "...wherefore, I shall deliver up these plates unto him, exhorting all men to come unto God, the Holy One of Israel, and believe in prophesying, and in revelations, and in the ministering of angels, and in the gift of speaking with tongues, and in the gift of interpreting languages, and in all things which are good; for there is nothing which is good save it comes from the Lord: and that which is evil cometh from the devil. And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

I know Christ lives and I willingly offer my whole soul unto Him because for me, nothing less will do. I love my Savior and I know He loves me. I know He loves us. :)

Sister Coats

Pics: Merisa took us out to lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment