Monday, June 1, 2015

May 25 2015 Singles Ward

This week was very crazy. Sister drama in some areas was off the charts but all is well. So I have like no time again. Any who! We are starting to feel more accepted by the wards we serve. We had horrid numbers to report but really, it was a great week for building member trust as well as Sister McCallum and I are building in our unity. We studied with President and Sister Curtis this week. During companionship study we both just weren't on the same page... as we studied together with them, role played out our lesson, all of a sudden it just clicked! Since then we've been way more unified and have totally noticed a difference in the work because of it.

Miracles this week! We taught Danielle, she is inactive and goes to CSI. We read 1 Nephi 10 with her. As we were reading we talked about how we recognize the spirit. (Btw, Sister McCallum is a fantastic teacher, I lack in my teaching skills so I'm grateful I can learn from such a pro like her!) It was awesome how because of our unity in companionship study and unity in teaching, the spirit was so strong and the lesson flowed. We testified and our testimonies supported each other and strengthened the passage we were reading. Danielle is quiet but she started to open up. We explained how the spirit speaks to us with soft impressions, through our thoughts and feelings. When we asked Danielle if she wanted to feel the spirit, she started to cry. (HAPPY TEARS) She was overcome with emotion and said, "I've never felt this before." It was so awesome to help her recognize the spirit for the first time ever! Then the spirit prompted us to encourage her to act upon the promptings she was receiving. "I don't want to change who I am." She said. Sister McCallum replied, "You're not changing who you are, you are uncovering who you are. You are changing to bring your true self forward." Pretty sure thats what she said, either way, it was extremely powerful and totally lead by the spirit. Danielle experienced what its like to feel the spirit and we understand why she is afraid to act on it but we know that if she does, she will be so much happier and at peace. She will find that happiness that we are all longing for! 

I read the talk becoming a consecrated missionary and I realized I really want to continue to improve. I have the desire to be exactly obedient, I've had that for a while now, but I realized that I also need to change my thoughts. My thoughts are what are keeping me from being as consecrated as I'd like to be. I read Mosiah 3:19 and the word become stood out and so did "willing to submit to all the things which the lord seeth fit to inflict.." I am willing to submit to all that He feels fit for me and I am willing to submit all I have to Him, so that I can become like Him. I want what the Lord wants. I want to continue to become better and I feel that the biggest thing I need to work on are my thoughts. My plan is to write down mosiah 3:19 in my planner and every time I get an unconsecrated thought, I am going to read it, pretty soon I will have that scripture memorized! :) 

Goal: Mosiah 3:19 "For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child,submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father."

Oh! Another awesome thing, we taught the plan of salvation to Christian. As we did, it totally clicked for him. He was like, "It just makes sense. It just makes sense that we lived with God before we came here and I want my family forever, I get it." Inside we both were like, "Of course you get it, because its true!" Haha :) Anyway, as the lesson went on Christian told us about the experience he had while reading the Book of Mormon. In our last visit we asked him to find a scipture to explain why he wants to change his heart. He found 3 Nephi 11:7-10. :) Christian has had a change of heart and we can see it. We set a baptism interview date with him (we cant set a baptism date because it has to get approved by the 1st presidency because of his criminal background) and Christian told us how he wants to go on a mission! In his prayer he even prayed to accomplish his goal of going on a mission! SO AWESOME! I am so grateful that I know this is Christ church. I know we can change to become like Him and He will help us. I am honored to be serving a mission and to be His missionary. 

Funny Moment! Serving in the singles ward is an adventure to say the least. We were eating at bishops with the ward and this guy um... just would not get the hint. He asked us out on a date and no matter how many times I said, "We are sister missionaries." He did not care. He asked for our number and I said, "Its in the ward program under SISTER MISSIONARIES." Nope, nada, he didn't get the hint... We were both just super grateful that bishop sat next to us because whoa, would've been even weirder! It was funny timing when he asked us though because we had just ran inside from the pouring rain, looking like a mess, then asked out. My 1st thought was, "Do you not see my badge?" 2nd thought, "You asked me out when I look my worse today." and 3rd, "Anyone who is insecure should serve in the singles ward." Haha :D Oh! One last thing that happened in singles ward, during ward prayer, Sister McCallum and I were sitting next to each other, everyone was starting to sit down, then this kid pulled up a chair placed it right in between us. Prayer was about to start so sister McCallum and I just looked at each other like, "uhhhh???" It was strange since we were both sitting next to guys... one on each side.... we tried to sit next to each other! After the prayer the kid got up to introduce himself, like he was all swave and whatnot, then he saw our badges, he went bright red! So funny! He was so embarrassed and apologized for sitting in between us. He was so embarrassed that we were embarrassed for him! Haha :)

Well, sorry this is all over the place, gotta go again, have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment